Privacy Statement on the protection of personal data
The processing of personal data concerns a list of email addresses and information of individuals collected through the EMODnet Bathymetry portal.
This processing is managed by the EMODnet Bathymetry team in relation with the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet) initiative financed by the European Union under Regulation (EU) No 508/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund.
The Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and the ePrivacy directive (2002/58/EC, as revised by 2009/136/EC) are applicable. From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679) will also apply.
The EMODnet Bathymetry team acts as Controller of the processing of personal data. If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
We collect personal data:
- when you request to download data;
- when you provide feedback by e-mail form;
- when you participate in possible on-line surveys.
Personal data are collected and processed in order to facilitate a number of activities within the EMODnet context.
Your data are collected to enable:
- the personalization of your access to data services;
- to enable the EMODnet Bathymetry team, EMODnet Secretariat and EU DG MARE to answer your enquiries and give you information concerning new developments and the use of the system;
- to enable sharing of knowledge concerning the usage of the system;
- to analyse errors to improve the operation of the system.
The EMODnet Bathymetry team will also use the data to prepare anonymous statistics about the usage of the site. Collected personal data are treated according to the policy described in the above-mentioned Regulation.
Data will be used only for the above purposes and in order to improve the service. Technical information: The collected data will be registered/stored:
- in database (managed in cooperation with the SeaDataNet infrastructure);
- in database (managed in cooperation with Europa Analytics);
- in list (managed by the helpdesk of EMODnet Bathymetry).
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
Your collected data will be treated confidentially and used only by the EMODnet Bathymetry team, EMODnet Secretariat and EU DG MARE. No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned. The EMODnet Bathymetry initiative will not share personal data with third parties for direct marketing.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is stored on the network of servers of the EMODnet Bathymetry portal, processed and may also be forwarded by email to the expert responsible for replying to the enquiry.
The EMODnet Bathymetry portal complies with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and the processing thereof, and more specifically with ePrivacy Directive.
The EMODnet Bathymetry portal has put in place, and regularly reviews and updates, appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information.
5. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data is kept as long as follow-up actions linked to the above mentioned purpose are necessary. All personal data will be deleted at the end of the EMODnet Bathymetry initiative.
6. Website operator and data controller:
In case you have questions related to this processing or concerning any information processed in this context, or on your rights, please contact the EMODnet Bathymetry controller responsible for processing these data (E-mail: email@example.com).
Europa Analytics is the corporate service which monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the European Commission's websites on Europa. It uses the open-source analytics platform MATOMO which runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. The installed instance is fully controlled by the European Commission and complies with EU data protection law. This means that it ensures end-user data protection thanks to features such as source data anonymization and opt-out mechanisms for users.
Europa Analytics' privacy protection aspects have been validated by the Data Protection Officer of the European Commission.