Which sea regions?
Bathymetric survey data sets are being catalogued as acquired and managed by European data providers for all regions in the world. A harmonised Digital Terrain Model at a gridsize of 1/8 * 1/8 arc minutes has been produced and published in October 2016. A new version with higher resolution of 1/16 * 1/16 arc minutes has been released mid September 2018 for the following European sea regions:
- the Greater North Sea, including the Kattegat and stretches of water such as Fair Isle, Cromarty, Forth, Forties,Dover, Wight, and Portland
- the English Channel and Celtic Seas
- Western Mediterranean, the Ionian Sea and the Central Mediterranean Sea
- Iberian Coast and Bay of Biscay (Atlantic Ocean)
- Adriatic Sea (Mediterranean)
- Aegean - Levantine Sea (Mediterranean).
- Madeira and Azores (Macaronesia)
- Baltic Sea
- Black Sea
- Norwegian and Icelandic Seas
- Canary Islands (Macaronesia)
- European arctic region and Barentz Sea
The viewing services in the portal give access to the latest DTM version of mid September 2018, while the download service and the OGC web services cover both the October 2016 version and the mid September 2018 version.
The present version also features a layer with high resolution bathymetry which allows to view, zoom in, interrogate for metadata, and download a collection of higher resolution composite DTMs (HR-DTMs) for selected areas over Europe. The resolution of HR-DTMs varies between 1/32 and 1/512 arc minutes, depending on local data policy of data providers.
Further upgrading of the EMODnet DTM is planned and will include incorporating even more surveys and further improvement of the digital bathymetry. For this purpose additional high resolution data sets are welcome and can be contributed using the EMODnet Ingestion service.